I remember an old Seinfeld episode where Dominicans couldn’t roll crepes as well as Cubans. These tacos will need your rolling skills Cuban style. Now, this is Richard’s favourite Mexican dish and he wishes I could make it everyday of the
year. It is also a children’s fave and easy to disguise veggies in it. You can turn this dish into vegetarian if you substitute the pulled chicken for mushrooms.
They go best with green salsa.
4 to 6 portions
10 White corn tortillas
300gr. Poached pulled chicken
6 Tbsp. cooking oil
400 gr. Pulled chicken breast
250 gr. Sour cream
200 gr. Shredded lettuce
Avocado (To taste)
- Heat up the tortillas wrapped in a cloth in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- On one edge of the tortilla put a bit of pulled chicken and start rolling (like in the picture). Repeat with all the tortillas.
- Pour oil in a fryer pan and leave until hot. Add the rolled tacos with the edge down.
- Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes before rolling over. Do as well with the rest of the tacos and put on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- On a serving plate put 2 or 3 tacos and add the sour cream, the lettuce and the salsa on top.