Eggs Mexicana are scrambled eggs with chilli, onion and tomato representing the Mexican flag (cause we’re very patriotic!) and they make a delicious wrap filling. To complement this breakfast I have added refried black beans, not only cause they’re delicious, but because they add a good amount of fibre and potassium to your daily diet
- ½ Tomato (chopped)
- ½Onion (chopped)
- ½ chilli
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ Can black beans
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 large flour tortilla
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop the chilli, tomato and onion very finely.
- In a bowl pour the eggs and mix with a fork. Set aside
- In a warm fryer pan pour the olive oil and add a third of the onion. Sauté the onion.
- Add the beans with the water they come with. With a fork start smashing the beans. Add a pinch of salt if necessary. Let the beans reduce to two thirds. Serve them and set aside.
- With a paper towel clean your fryer pan. Pour the canola oil and leave until hot. Add the rest of the onion, the chilli and tomato. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté. Add the egg mix and keep mixing.
- When the eggs are yellow, take them out and pour them 2 thirds into the flour tortilla Spread the beans on top. Take the 2 opposite edges of your tortilla and fold towards the middle. Take the closest edge to the eggs and start wrapping. Enjoy your brekky wrap!