Molletes are the perfect brunch or light dinner. You can make them as vegan as you want. They go together with “pico de gallo” salsa which you can find on our Salsa section. [ingredients] [method]
2 baguettes or 8 bread rolls
Butter or margarine
1 can Black or Borlotti beans (non baked)
300 gr or 16 slices Colby cheese (substitute with vegan cheddar cheese)
2 spoons Olive oil
- Turn your oven on to 150 degrees (120 for fan force)
- Cut each baguette in 4 even pieces and cut each through the middle. Take the bread filling out. Spread the butter or margarine on bread. Leave aside
- On a mid heat fryer pan add 1 spoon of Olive oil. Pour the can of beans and start smashing with a potato masher until you get a smooth mix. Add the second spoon of oil and check salt. Let them boil and then cool down for 3 minutes.
- Spread the beans on the bread leaving a thick layer. Cover beans with cheese slices.
- Put beans on a baking tray and into the oven until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with “Pico de Gallo” on the side