My friend Paty makes the best guacamole I have ever tried and I was lucky to get her recipe. Now, when it comes to making salsas, Mexicans do it “al tanteo”, which means they add the ingredients little by little and try each time to balance flavours without any concern for exact measures. In this case I’ll give you the ingredients and the proportions you need to consider whether you are preparing guac for 2 or 10 people. If you need help getting the ingredients, check our CM Grocer Directory, with online and on site stores!
- 3 Avocados ripe
- 1 ½ Roma tomatoes (for every avocado you need half a tomato), finely chopped
- 1 Lime (the juice)
- ½ White onion, finely chopped (or 1 small brown onion)
- ½ bunch coriander (10 gr.), finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped
- Corn chips (to serve with)
- Open the avocados in half. With a spoon carve out the flesh from the side without the seed. To remove the avocado seed, hack a knife in the middle and twist. If the avocado is ripe enough it will come out easily. Carve out the flesh using the spoon too.
- In a bowl add the avocado flesh. With a potato masher or a fork start mashing it until there are little pieces. Add the tomatoes, onion and chillies and mix together.
- Add half of the lime juice and some salt. Taste the guac and add more juice, salt or chilli “al tanteo”. Serve with corn chips and enjoy immediately.