In Mexico we call flutes those tacos that are rolled thin. To prepare these tacos you will need rolling skills Cuban style. This is a vegan dish that you can modify by adding chicken, or cheese. They go best with green tomato and avocado salsa.
- 2 or 3 White corn tortillas
- 2 Potatoes (cleaned)
- 6 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 3 Green tomatillos
- Small bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 or 2 green chillies
- 1 ripe avocado
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil 750 ml. water in a kettle. At the same time cut the potatoes in small cubes.
- Put the cut potatoes on a small pot and add the boiling water. Put on the stove on high heat. Add a pinch of salt and let boil for another 15 mins.
- In a blender add the tomatillos cut in quarters, avocado flesh, coriander and chillies. Blend for 2 minutes and add a spoon or two of water if the mix is too thick. Add some salt and mix again for another 30 sec., then check the flavor.
- When the potatoes are soft, take them out of the water. In a bowl smash them with a fork and add a bit of pepper. Check the flavor.
- Pour the oil in a fryer pan and leave until hot. Add the first tortilla for 5 seconds or until soft. Take the tortilla out of the oil.
- Place a bit of the potato mash on the tortilla and roll as thin as possible without breaking the tortilla (at this point the tortilla should be very flexible). Place the flute on the pan and let the tortilla get golden. Repeat the same for the other tortillas and place them on a paper towel to absorb the oil excess. Enjoy with the salsa!!