“Rajas con crema” literally means “slices with cream”. The name derives from the ingredients poblano chilli slices and sour cream. This time I added a few other ingredients that give it a great flavour. It is best eaten with tortillas or Red rice.
- 5 poblano chillies (or use 8 jalapeño chillies or 4 green capsicums if you don’t like spicy)
- 300 gr sliced mushrooms
- 1 small brown onion sliced
- 1 can corn kernels (or the equivalent in fresh kernels)
- 200 gr halloumi cheese
- 200 gr sour cream
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- In a fryer pan or an iron base, toast the chillies until black. Put the chillies in a plastic bag and leave for 5 minutes.
- Slice the mushrooms and onion
- Open your water tab with cold water. Take one chilli at a time out the bag and rub the skin out, under the water. Be careful not to burn your self. Open the chilli and take all the seeds out also. Set aside and repeat the exercise with every chilli
- Cut the halloumi cheese in 0.5 cm cubes
- In a hot fryer pan, pour the oil along with the mushrooms and onion
- Slice the chillies and add to pan when the onions are transparent. Mix with the mushrooms and onion
- Add the corn kernels drained and the helium cubes. Cook for a minute or two
- Add sour cream and mix with all the ingredients. Add salt if needed (the halloumi cheese is pretty salty)